-
Oh, c'mon...
Why don't you simply answer her questions, instead of giving opinions and philosophies she has not asked for?.
Lucas shoot EP2 with a PANAVISION / SONY HDCAM CineALta 24p Camera (modified for Panavision mount). This camera cost around 150,000 USD withou lens. Panavision lenses can only be rented. You can get a package with camera, lense, tripod, monitor, downconversors and accesories for around 3000 USD per day here (Madrid, Spain.)
More info
www.cinealta.com
www.sony.com
some movies
www.vidocq-lefilm.com
www.luciayelsexo.com
www.sessionnine.com
Transfering 24p video to 35mm can cost from 500 USD to more than a thousand per minute, including print and sound. EfeKtiva Digital here in Madrid offers a complete package for 450 EUROS per minute. Is by far, the cheapest, quality, method available. Another options are www.dvfilm.com or www.swisseffects.ch .
For your budget, it would be more suitable some kind of lower end digital video. Digital Betacam or 24P DVCPRO looks really good when transfered, and is much cheaper and easier to shoot and edit.
Hope this Helps,
Mr_Floppy
-
In the middle of the stage the lights are out. Suddenly, a single spotlight comes on, shining onto the ANNOUNCER standing in the middle of a circular platform. GREATwarEAGLE sits on a stool, by ANNOUNCER's side, waiting, patiently...
ANNOUNCER:
GREATwarEAGLE. You answered, Sam Jackson, in Do The Right Thing.
ANNOUNCER takes a small gold envelope from his jacket pocket, and opens it. He pulls out a small card.
ANNOUNCER:
You are...
The audience is silent, waiting... The tension is unbearable. There's a drum roll.
ANNOUNCER:
CORRECT!!!!!
The audience claps. GREATwarEAGLE is happy, and BrendaSmith and Alex stop this bickering...
THE END
Beuford C Constantinople.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mr_Floppy:
Oh, c'mon...
Why don't you simply answer her questions, instead of giving opinions and philosophies she has not asked for?.
Mr_Floppy</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Flushed out by the Floppy Fellow.
I said I wouldn't post anymore but I do feel the need to answer the above question. If a poster starts with a premise that can be interpreted in more than one way, than discussion happens.
It's real easy for Mr. Floppy to read all of the posts successively and come to a logical conclusion, but when these posts were assembled day by day, none of those involved had an opportunity to be the visionary, cuz we were living it.
In retrospect, I have no problem with Brenda at all, and I doubt she has any problems with me. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
-
Alex the post was about digital shooting & the equipment Lucas use ONLY. You was the one who added other things in it from my Post.You never gave answere about Digital shooting.Just off wall stuff about doing other people project""I start my Company to do my work not others. FUNNNY!!!!! But it is cool I will be Shooting 35mm only!!!! AND THANKS ALL THAT DID HELP.
-
Why be Sorry Vlad the Impaler.Alex gave nothing I could use nothing I wanted. I just want to know about digital shooting. It's funny for a person like Alex to think I would work so hard to get this$$$$$$ and put it into someone project. I work hard to get it to put it into my project .I just hate it when I ask for a b & c & some one wants to give me xy &z.
-
What a stupid fuckin thread this is...
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 13, 2002 08:33 PM: Message edited by: SoulJacker ]</font>
-
Originally posted by Alex:
-------------------------------------------------
Flushed out by the Floppy Fellow.
-------------------------------------------------
>The Floppy Fellow?. What did you find so offensive with my posts so lost respect so quickly, the Alex guy?
------------------------------------------------
I said I wouldn't post anymore but I do feel the need to answer the above question.
------------------------------------------------
> What a susprise, Alex answering unasked questions.
If a poster starts with a premise that can be interpreted in more than one way, than discussion happens.
------------------------------------------------
>I hardly see how can a 'What camera did Lucas used in EP2' question could be interpreted as 'Should I spent my money in my project or do other's'. You were assuming a bit too much from Brenda post, such as her preparation and determination to make a movie.
It's real easy for Mr. Floppy to read all of the posts successively and come to a logical conclusion, but when these posts were assembled day by day, none of those involved had an opportunity to be the visionary, cuz we were living it.
-------------------------------------------------
>Ok, blame to me. But it could be quite easy for you to read THE FIRST POST and answer WHAT SHE WAS ASKING or, if you cannot or don't want then SHUT UP, instead of begining another stupid discussion, just like the one that motivated your expulsion from Mike Brantley' forum some time ago.
In retrospect, I have no problem with Brenda at all, and I doubt she has any problems with me. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------
>Did I asked it? .
-
It's not that bad you keep posting.
-
Erm, I keep posting becuase its that bad...you know, condeming it...
I can't believe some stupid idiot - who posts with all the conciseness of a dead wombat - is still blabbing on about some wanky post that is nothing more than a miscommunication?
The shittest thread in eXposure history.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 14, 2002 12:59 PM: Message edited by: SoulJacker ]</font>
-
brenda...
i might have missinterpretted (in which case don't bite my head off) but i think you said you could get about 100,000 for your film... personally i reckon on that budget it'd be best to shoot on 16mm, as the cost of processing, etc, would be much less than full-on 35 mm... evil dead, el mariachi, clerks, and following were all shot on 16mm, and now each of those directors are in the big-time (sam raimi just did spiderman, robert rodriguez is doing once upon a time in mexico, kevin smith did jay & silent bob strike back, and christopher nolan did insomnia, and memento)... it doesn't matter what format you shoot on so long as the content is there...
anyway, that's just my opinion, good luck with however you go...
Beuford C Constantinople